Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It really is good luck when a bird craps on you

The day started off pretty good. We slipped B into a dentist appointment due to a cancellation (thanks Lori!). And he actually got a full cleaning! I wondered if it would ever happen. J was always excited to go to the dentist. But B was freaked out by everything. The furthest we've ever gotten was a few months ago, he let the dentist check his teeth at the end of J's appointment, and J had to lay in the chair with him.

To celebrate, we took him to DQ. But it was closed. So we did the next best thing (in a 4 year old's world) and headed to McDonald's. Unfortunately there were no other kids there to play with and he wasn't very happy about it. When it was time to go, he just kept crying "I want friends!!!!". It was so pathetic I would have cried with him (except that I was so irritated). But in all the hoopla, I forgot my purse, and didn't even realize it.

Later, OCD filled up with gas and took advantage of the "Wacky Wednesday" promotion and got a free car wash. And before even pulling out onto the road, a flock of birds flew overhead and he ended up with three huge poops on the windshield.

Fast forward five hours and I need to go to the grocery for a missing ingredient for dinner. But I can't find my purse. We look all over the house, even enlisting the kids for help. But it's nowhere in the house or the vehicles. I call the dentist and leave a crazy message. Then I realize that I left it at McDonald's. I call and ask if anyone turned in a purse. The genius on the phone puts me on hold for 42 seconds and comes back to say "nope, no purse, sorry...". Well, I hopped in my car and raced over there. I looked in the play area where we were, but it wasn't there. So I go to the front and tell the gal behind the counter that I know I just called but if they could please look again and see if there's a purse that was turned in I'd really appreciate it. While she's looking and asking around the manager says (very casually, as if this wasn't a life or death situation) "oh yeah, I have it". When she brought it out to me I totally started crying. I couldn't believe it. Everything was in there... my wallet, cash, iPod, credit card, sunglasses (that I just found after losing for 9 months!).

I had been in such a panic. Thinking I was going to have to put a fraud alert on our credit and everything. What a relief. Thank God that bird crapped on OCD's car today!

No comments: