Did I happen to mention I broke my toe on Sunday? Yes, again. At least I think I broke it, well... fracture is probably a more appropriate term. Of course, I don't know for sure because I didn't go to the doctor. I've learned from past experience (when I broke my little toe and it stuck out at a 90 degree angle and I went to the ER only to have them tape it up to the next toe and it never healed right and now 2+ years later my toe sticks out at a 45 degree - remember that Melissa?) that there is really nothing the doctor can do about such a situation.
Now, this is about the 3rd time I've broken a toe. Well... four if you count that time I got drunk and woke up with one broken. But of the three times that I remember, it all happened the same way. I have this problem. It's like my toes are magnetically attracted to furniture. They slam together with the force of high-field magnet and you can literally hear the CRACK as the bone snaps. I keep hoping that I'll break my freaky toe next, so that maybe it will heal with less of a bend and I won't have to search high and low for sandles with straps in just the right place to hold in my crazy toe. But no. I'm an equal opportunity toe breaker.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ouch Teri...that just makes cringe. Maybe you should wrap your feet in toilet tissue like one of those old Charmin commercials. LOL
Ohohoh... just like that little girl that stuffs her pants full so she doesn't get hurt when she roller skates! Yes... that might work...
Oh man, I know all too well your pain! I hope it heals nicely for you. And yes I remember your freaky toe!
Post a Comment