Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sick

So I've been sick. Really sick for one day. Like stay in bed all day and wish I didn't have men pounding endlessly on my roof sick. Anyway, here's a quick summary of my week (thus far) because I feel it's been slightly insane.

Monday -
  • Roofers arrive 6:30am
  • Get kids fed and dressed
  • Drop J off at school at 7:30am
  • Come home and realize the OCD did not pick up the winters worth of dog crap that has accumulated and revealed itself over the unseasonably warm weekend
  • Find a box and shovel and begin picking up said shit
  • Fill the box and take it out to the burn pile, trekking through a foot and a half of snow
  • Return to the dog's designated toilet area and realize that I've only picked up about 1/3 of the crap and I have nothing else to put it in
  • Continue picking up dog doo, but just build a pile and leave it for OCD to deal with later



  • B skipped a nap because of the horrendous banging on the roof
  • Carpool fell through, pick up J from school
  • Try to help B write his name on his valentine cards for his classmates
  • Give up and fill out all of B's valentines
  • Help J with homework and start on his valentines
  • Make and serve dinner
  • Start to feel like my throat feels kinda funny
  • Attend Children's Christian Education meeting at church
  • Run to Target for various essentials, including cake mix and frosting
  • Make birthday cupcakes for B's class tomorrow
  • Input 3 tax returns
  • Watch 24 (obviously)
  • Pass OCD at 1:30am as he's getting up for work and I'm going to bed

Tuesday -

  • Wake up at 5:45 to beat the roofers and get a shower
  • Roofers arrive 6:30am... mission accomplished!
  • Start to feel really sick
  • Get kids ready for school
  • Drop J off 7:30
  • Drop B off 8:00 - help him pass out his Valentines
  • Head to MOPS and set up - shirk off my responsibility to a friend
  • Go back to B's school and do the fake "I feel great! It's my baby's birthday!" thing - but seriously, the look on his face was so worth it


  • Go home, take temp (102.6), lay in bed and think of ways to bring harm to my roofers
  • Carpool feel through, pick up J at 11 and B at 11:15
  • Go through Taco Bell for the boys lunch
  • Come home, serve lunch, turn on TV for the kids, and return to bed
  • Ignore work all day, ignore phone all day, try to ignore kids and roofers all day
  • 6pm - eat toast, take a motrin
  • Count 100 bunny crackers with J for his 100 day of school snack
  • 7pm - start to feel a bit better, what the hell was I waiting for with that motrin?
  • Watch AI



Wednesday -

  • Same morning drill, roofers, kids, school
  • Occupy B while trying to get some work done
  • Find out OCD's job is being eliminated, timing still unknown
  • Try not to freak out
  • Carpool came through (yea!)
  • Cause huge family uproar for refusing to prepare my aunt's tax return
  • Same evening drill, dinner, bath, bed for kids
  • Watch AI

Thursday - Well, it's just started but the main things on my list include, work, work and work, then I have to buy a heart cookie cutter (can't find mine) and make sugar cookies for J's valentine's party tomorrow, finish his valentine's and homework with him, locate library books, plan dinner, shower without being seen by the roofers, and of course B is out of school today. But at least I'm feeling better!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please, for the love of God, BUY the frickin heart shaped cookies, for the betterment of all woman kind! Here is my prescription for you: Take 2 Motrin (eat something first), buy the cookies, go to bed and call me in the morning. Trust me.

We can not be all things to all people. Particularly wee children that love a frosted sugary item and won't know the difference. (I know, I know... there mothers will... but you know what? Screw it. Like they've never been sick - with roofers pounding no less!)

ACK!

Teri said...

Well, I bought the ready made dough, but rolled it out, cookie cut them, baked, frosted and sprinkled them myself. Here's the thing... J has a red food dye allergy, which is why I volunteered for Valentine's Day. I have sprinkles that are colored naturally so he can have the same treat as everyone else... but I have to be the one to make them. At least I'm feeling better... just an annoying cough now!