Monday, February 23, 2009

Paradox

I set up my email through Outlook today. Yeah, I know... call me a late bloomer. Anyway, I realized that I didn't remember the password to my email. My computer remembers it just fine on my behalf, so why should I fill up my brain with such information? Apparently for occasions like today.

So I click the helpful "forgot my password" button, thinking it will ask me my dog's name or the city of my birth or some such thing. But it didn't. I had the option of calling my ISP directly, emailing them, or connecting for a "live chat". I took option #3. Drake was my "agent" and I had the distinct feeling that he was helping 14 other people simultaneously (probably because it took him several minutes to ask questions like "what name can I call you by?")

After we get through the preliminaries, he asks me for my "security code". My response was "seriously? if i could remember a security code, i'd probably remember my password".

No comments: