Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day in the frozen tundra

My men and I spent the day out and about in the cold. They were having an event in town with various ice sculptors and we thought the kids would get a kick out of it. (Side note - Before moving here, I thought ice sculptures were just something for weddings - who's with me?) After catching lunch in town (and meeting a Coastie family new to town) we headed out to the rock quarry and walked out on the frozen lake (yet another something it never occurred to me I might do in my lifetime). Here's our day in pics...


Actually, this is a snow sculpture (for those of you in CA, haha)




Putting the fin on a dolphin




Bunny in process


The boys' favorite!


This is how you drink hot chocolate, no?




Walking out from the boat ramp


On the lake

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Teri!!!! Look at your photo!! You look stunning!!!!!!!

I miss you honey. We hardly connect on the board so hopefully maybe we will a little bit on here.

Love you,
Cath

Anonymous said...

That actually looks like fun, the ice carvings and walking on the frozen lake! It has been raining for almost two weeks and really chilly here (well for CA anyway). Someday we might get to visit you guys over there. I love the new updated blog BTW & I agree with Cath about your profile pic!