You know, this whole situation has been extremely trying. But what has been so awesome is to see God's hand in it the entire way through. He doesn't have to give us signs along the way, but when He does, it's just incredible.
The day after we arrive in town, we head over to the farmer's market. While there, we see a booth for a cabinet maker. Since we'll be remodeling the kitchen next year we stop over to check things out. While talking to the couple and explaining that we just moved here, yadda yadda yadda, the wife invites us to their church.
Next day, we go to the church. It's perfect! And this is no small feat in Small Town, Wisconsin! While there, I meet a lady with two boys the same age as my boys. We exchange numbers.
She calls me up two days later and invites me to the YMCA. We go and meet several other ladies and their kids. One of the ladies invites me to a Girl's Night Out the upcoming Friday.
I go to the GNO and meet several other ladies. One of them invites me to a playgroup that meets twice a month. Today was one of those days. We had so much fun hanging out and talking. The kids played great together and everything.
We went back to that church this week too and I swear, the message was intended for Bill and I. I'm sorry for everyone else that had to sit through it because it was solely meant for us. It was all about when Moses led the Hebrew people out of Egypt. And the parallel that he drew was when your going along, thinking that you're doing the right thing, and you come up on this hurdle. What do you do? Do you backtrack and think, "Why am I doing this?". Or do you think, "Everything's fine. This is God's will and He's already got it worked out for me."
God is just awesome!!
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment