Where I'm from, the speed limit in a business district is typically 35. Residential areas are 25. Here, in Tiny Town, it's 25 pretty much EVERYWHERE! And I, of course, didn't even realize it. I guess I was too busy looking at the street names and trying to figure out where I am to notice the speed limit signs. So I get pulled over. And before the cop even comes to my window to ask for my license, he calls for backup. Must have been the California plates... only crazy psychos come to WI from CA, right? Finally he comes to the window and tells me I was going 40 in a 25. I'm shocked, I think my response was "are you serious? It's only 25 here?" After I explain that we just moved here, etc he takes my license and goes back to his car.
The whole time I'm just thinking, "I'm on the main road into town. Mrs. B and her whole clan are going to drive by and see me sitting here with two freakin' cops behind me and wonder what in the heck I've done now." This is the last thing I need.
Thankfully he comes back and says he's going to cut me a break. Relief floods my body. I'm surprised it didn't make the local paper.... "Reckless California Driver, Busted at 40 mph!"
Saturday, September 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment