Sunday, September 23, 2007

Doors are evil!

A little background first...

When my sister was what, two or three, she shut a door on her finger and chopped the tip of it off. There was an insane amount of screaming and blood involved, both from my sister and my mom. It was too small to try to reattach and nicked a small bit of bone. She had a skin graph to cover the tip and life went on. The growth on that finger was stunted so it's not as long as her other fingers, and it's shaped a bit off. I say all this not because I think you all are so incredibily interested in my sister's fingers, but so that you understand it was a big deal and since that day, my family has held the firm belief that doors are the creation of Satan.

So, today I'm taking out a dirty diaper to the garbage in the garage. While I'm at the trash can, Lil' B comes out the door and is standing there. At that same moment, a gust of wind blows through the house and slams the door shut on my poor baby's two fingers! (Mom, don't freak, the fact that I'm here typing about it should tell you he's OK!) Of course, I freak. I'm fully expecting him to be missing a couple digits. But he's not. Not even any blood. Just very red. I feel around, he can bend them fine. I get some ice and sit him on my lap with a cartoon. I think it took the full 1/2 hour of that cartoon for my heart to stop pounding.

Tomorrow I'm calling someone to install one of those shock thingamagiggers so that the door can't slam shut. Like heck my baby is gonna be deformed like my sister! (haha... love ya sis, but I had to mess with ya!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad little B is okay. We are the proud of owner of several Home Depot "finger protectors" on all of our doors. Please give his sweet little hand a smooch from me. I just had to chuckle...Love ya, Jen

Suz said...

Poor baby!!! Give Lil' B a kiss for me!!

Pretty Momma said...

I am glad he is okay! That's freaking scary about your sister! I think I might haved passed out if I would have been your mother seeing that.

Rose said...

Teri! How are you??? Miss hearing from you as well!!