Thursday, August 23, 2007

Travel Day 4

Well, the plan was to leave Kansas and shack up in Iowa for the night. But we got a nice early start and got to our destination by 1pm. The kids were looking sleepy so we decided to stop, fill up their tummies and the gas tank and go for it. We knocked out another 140 miles, ended up in northern Illinois and shaved off some travel time tomorrow. Top that off with this awesome room that we have tonight. All the standard rooms were booked so we got a free upgrade. I swear, this suite is bigger than my first apartment!

Can’t wait to get to the house tomorrow! We should be there before noon. I won’t be posting for a few days after this. My internet service doesn’t get set up until next Wednesday. Our household goods get delivered on Tuesday. Until then, we might be doing some painting. But I have to admit, I’m a wee bit skeered of painting. I know it’s silly. If I don’t like it, we can always repaint a different color. But somehow it just seems so permanent… like a tattoo or something.

No comments: