Saturday, August 11, 2007

Brotherly Love

Big J and I were riding Star Tours at Disneyland. He’s conflicted… he’s scared, but he really wants to go on this. I’m holding him as best I can and he’s got a death grip on my arm. Then the sweetest thing happened… just as our Starship is about to burst through a comet, he said “Oh no!! Where’s B??”. And I realized that through all the yelling, hitting and biting, he’s still the big brother that loves his little brother. Beyond his fear on this ride, he thought of Lil' B and was concerned for him. My heart just melted, right there on that cheesy ride.

Cool thing is that it goes both ways. Today while at my mom’s, Lil' B spies a tub of rather tasty looking cookies. I give him one and he eats it up. He promptly asks for another. I look back, think “they're small and sugar free, okay”. There are two left in the tub and I give one to B. I totally expect him to gobble it down as quickly as the first and ask for the last one as well. But he surprises me. He takes his cookie and says “J need cookie too.”

No comments: