Saturday, August 11, 2007

Disneyland

It was totally surreal. Since we lived here, I used to go to Disneyland at least once a year, often times twice a year. I have alot of memories from there. And now to take my own child and watch him do the things that I used to do... it was just beyond words. Funny thing is, this isn't the first time that they've been there either. But I think it was the first time for Big J to realize what was going on. Lil' B was still just big eyes of wonder. But J had a clue.

Like we were in Pirates of the Carribean and there's this part when you about to go through a tunnel and there's this pirate over your head and he's dangling his foot and it's really dirty. I remember as a kid leaning back and looking straight up at that dirty foot until we were completely inside the tunnel and I couldn't see it anymore. So when Big J and I went through the tunnel I say "look at that pirate's dirty foot!!" and he laughs and we both lean way back together to watch it until it's out of sight. It probably sounds weird, but there were just so many moments like those.

Another first for me was that he rode on a roller coaster by himself. Since we were a threesome and it was only two to a row, I had to sit with Lil' B and Big J had to go it solo. Granted, it was a kiddie coaster. But it went surprisingly fast. I was so scared for him and prayed the whole way. And what do you think happened when we got off? He said "I wanna do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!"

All in all, it was a crazy day. Totally exhausting but totally worth it.

No comments: