Mr. OCD got to Vegas on Sunday and the boys were so excited. It was awesome beyond words. We went out that night after the boys went to bed and saw a movie. It was nice to just sit and hold each other in the theater.We left Vegas this morning. Stopped for breakfast on the way out. Stopped about ½ way for lunch and arrived in Green River, Utah about 5pm. A total of 7 hours of travel, with only one 1 hr stop for the kids to run around. Big J slept about 1 ½ hours, Lil' B about 30 minutes… go figure. For the most part, it wasn’t too bad.Then we arrived at the hotel. I booked all of our hotels online. This one happens to be a Best Western, and it’s a rather nice one. I had requested a roll away bed this way each boy would have his own bed. While I was checking in the clerk told me that they didn’t have roll away beds, but they have air mattresses, and it was a $15 charge for that. Well, I wasn’t interested in having one of my kids practically sleep on the hotel room floor. Heck, I’ve got 3 air mattresses in my truck if that’s what I wanted. I told her thanks but no thanks. Then she said “well it’s already set up so you’ll have to pay for it.” Um, excuse me? It’s not what I requested, it’s not what I wanted, the online reservation made no mention of an additional charge… No I am not paying for it.
We go back and forth on this and we’re both getting a little irritated with the other. Meanwhile Mr. OCD is with the kids, who are running around the lobby. Now, they’re not really doing anything wrong per say. But they are a bit on the loud side and they are running as if I just fed them a bowl full of sugar. But they’re not destructive or anything so I really don’t think it’s an issue. Finally the clerk says that she’ll remove the mattress from the room and not charge me but asks if I can keep my kids from jumping on it when we get to the room. Then she adds “but that looks like it will be impossible to do” and she’s giving a really dirty look toward my kids. That’s it… I’m officially pissed off. I said “excuse me? What are they doing that’s so wrong? They’ve been in the car for the past 7 hours, so yes, they’re excited and running around… big deal!”. Then I ask her if the manager is available. She doesn’t respond. I said “hello?? Did you hear me? I asked you a question.” She said that she was the Assistant Manager and I said, “great, I’d like to speak with your boss please.” By now, another customer has come in and is waiting to check in, she’s the only one at the front desk. She realizes that I’m not going to take her crap, she’s looking bad, and likely about to get into trouble with her boss and eases up, starts apologizing, blah blah blah.
Ultimately, she kissed my rear, she came to our room herself to get the mattress (which btw, the boys were sitting peacefully watching a cartoon while waiting for Daddy to get the suitcases so we could go swimming), and she apologized several times for her attitude. I didn’t talk to the manager, but I took the manager's card and got the clerk… oh sorry… “assistant manager’s” name. Seriously, what is it that makes people so rude? And hello, I just spent 7 hours traveling with a 2yo and a 4yo, I am SO not in the mood!
Anyway, that was my yesterday. Here's hoping today is better!
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment