Sunday, January 25, 2009

The truth about Santa

When kids go to school, they start to learn all kinds of interesting things. Around Christmastime, parents of young public schooled children will hear the inevitable question.... "Is there such thing as Santa?". Now we never wanted to make a big deal out of Santa, but at the same time didn't want to ruin the fun of it either. So my brilliant answer (or my chicken sh!t way of not answering) was "I think that's something you're going to have to figure out for yourself".

Pretty clever, huh?

So the other day, J and I had this conversation:

J: I think I figured out that Santa is just pretend.
T: Really? Why do you think that?
J: Because if it's true, then Santa would be really old and he'd be dead by now.

Seriously... how do you argue with logic like that?

1 comment:

The Chicken Lady said...

BUT, Santa is MAGIC, that's how he can fly in a sleigh and deliver presents in one night and he stays the same age. :)