And it's not for the reason you think. I honestly don't care about getting older. The way I view that is OCD is 12 years older than me, so in my little world, I'll always be a young chick. So, back to my point... birthdays suck. And the reason they suck is that I CANNOT remember other people's birthdays. I can't do it. I've tried. I've written them on the calendar, I've set up Outlook reminders. But it doesn't work for me. Even if I happen to see it on the calendar that morning and think to myself (as any decent friend would), "oh yes it's so-and-so's birthday, I have to call her later"... later will come, and later will go, and I will not have made the phone call. Life just gets in the way and I forget to do it.
The problem is that other people remember MY birthday. Dammit! So then I feel like a totally crappy friend. I mean, everyone else has a life too and yet, somehow they all remember and make time to call or even email. So, my friends, if you love me, please... please forget my birthday. Consider it a favor to me... consider it a birthday present!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment