Thursday, January 31, 2008

We're all sick

Yes, all of us. J caught some wonderful bug at school and thought he'd share it with the rest of us. He's had a fever since Friday, although it seems better today. B came down with the fever on Tuesday night. It was kinda scary high too, 104.5. Eek!

Now, normally I would pop my babes into the truck and take them straight to the doctor. However, we had that blizzard on Tuesday night and I was totally snowed in yesterday. I to shovel the driveway, but it was just too much. There were drifts blocking my way out of the garage that were 4 feet. Not to mention that while I attempted to shovel, my sick kiddos were inside alone. After 15 minutes of nothing, I went back inside and called for someone to plow my driveway. Best $38 I ever spent!

Bottom line - it's viral. There's nothing we can do but wait it out.

And for those of you that think we're going to fall in love with it here and never want to leave... YOU ARE SO WRONG! There's is nothing worse than feeling so trapped and isolated. I know that I probably made a bigger deal of it than it was, but this is so not what I'm used to. When I need to leave, I need to leave. And having to wait on someone else to get me out of my own house... it's just such a helpless feeling. So no worries, we're outta here in 4 years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is NO FUN when you are all sick for so many reasons. Prayiing you all feel better soon. Love, Me & My Crew