Friday, June 12, 2009

Update

Here's what's been up ...

  • Mr. OCD has a "conditional offer" of employment. He went this week to take a psych evaluation, drug test, and provide info for a background check. Assuming they don't realize he's actually insane, he starts on June 22nd. Hallelujah!!
  • B finished pre-school. I'm not so weirded out by this, especially since I never thought I'd even send my kids to pre-school.
  • J finished Kindergarten. This I am weirded out by. Although it wasn't the last day of school that got me emotional, it was the Thursday prior... had a picnic at school and a little to-do in his class before hand. His teacher was all sweet and sensitive and the kids were so cute. Choked me up... which is totally not like me.
  • J started playing soccer. This is BIG for him. He'll knock his brother over for the hot wheels car he can't live without, but he will not take the ball from another boy during a soccer game. We're really hoping with some decent coaching, he gets it that taking the ball is the whole point of the game!
  • Gardening... Mrs. P has been here twice now. The back flower bed it weeded and mulched. The side garden is a the wreck we intending. Lots of things being pulled up and replanted. The hosta along the perimeter of the house is doing well, although the ones I planted in the front are definitely dead. Tons of crap going crazy so I'm working to split what I can and replant in new locations. Thank God for the free topsoil and mulch from the city compost site!!
  • Work - seriously, tax season is over, but the work isn't. Of course there's the free gardening that I have to pay back in Quickbooks time, finishing up the audit that I flew out to CA to do (once the client stops playing with the figures! Grrrr!!), two more clients on extension, and an unplanned trip to Hawaii (it's a tough job, but some one's got to do it).
  • Still painting - I'm getting there, slowly but surely. The last room I finished was the kitchen. The next is the office and back hallway. Then I'll have to do the master bedroom and bathroom, but we have a leak in a window so that Mr. OCD needs to seal up first.
  • Church shopping continues...
  • I have tons of pictures to download. I can't promise when that'll be. Maybe if you keep after me I'll get to it sooner rather than later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Give me a call if you come out to Hawaii.