Got the vegetable garden planted. Here's what we've got going...
tomatoes
potatoes
peppers
strawberries
corn
lettuce
green beans
peas
watermelon
pumpkin (big and small)
green onions
carrots
I know. I'm crazy.
Plus there are three flower beds at my house. This is at least one too many. Possibly more. But I'm letting the side garden go. I'm bartering services with a local business. The wife is a "Master Gardener" so she's helping with my flower beds and I'm helping with the booking for their business. We're going to see what comes up in the side garden and relocate the stuff I like. Then we'll give away anything we don't use and plant grass in the fall.
The front bed looks like a dead body is buried there. I want to build a rock wall, fill it with soil and replant the bulbs. Right now there are just tulips and daffodils. Which is nice in spring, but there there's nothing the rest of the summer.... hence the grave-like appearance. So she's going to get some late blooming annuals and we'll get those in.
The back bed just needs some TLC and this is where I'll likely move most of the stuff from the side bed. Then everything will need to be mulched. So, basically this summer is going to be LOTS of yard work and hopefully it'll be pretty next year. Gardening is NOT an immediate gratification kind of activity!
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's sounds like an awesome deal on the bartering.
I just picked and ate my first green pepper yesterday!
Oh yeah, we need pics of your gardens.
You mean you need a picture of my WEEDS!!!
I have nothing to eat in my veggie garden yet. We have to wait to plant here. I think I planted the pepper to early actually. Looks about dead to me. They like warm soil (so I hear), so I may have to do that one over.
My master gardener is coming on Wednesday!! Yippie!!
Post a Comment