Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spontanious GNO

A few of us girls decided to go out and see a local band last night. When I called to inquire about the details earlier in the day, I was told the genre was "Folk Rock". I thought, "okay, I can do that. This will be fun. (relatively speaking)" I wish he had told me that the first set would have an emphasis on "Folk" and the second on "Rock". Then I would have realized that instead of arriving early, we could have come late and heard the best 20 minutes of the show. But he really started to lose us when he began to repeat songs (causing us to briefly question our sobriety). We decided to call it a night after a song, which I'll retitle "The Last Straw", left us nearly deaf with all the odd screeching (that I desperately want to believe was some sort of unintentional electronic malfunction) (but don't really think it was). On the plus side, because of that, we didn't hear the police sirens following us on the drive home! (kidding!! well... mostly anyway.)

Oh, there was this one point in the evening when we couldn't stop laughing. And I thought this morning that it could have been interpreted the wrong way by the band. So I thought I'd address it here...

Dear Adam and the band,

I'm so sorry if my friends and I distracted or offended you with our fits of laughter during your set last night. It was not you (mostly), but rather, the owl (which we just learned this morning is fake) that appeared to be perched across the street and watching through the windows. Please forgive us. We don't get out much.

Love,
Teri

2 comments:

Morgan Mann said...

It was a fun night. Sorry I missed the Owl incident. ;)

Charity said...

Made me flash back to us calling the front desk, asking the Luxor to turn the "fancy lights" back on... ;-)