Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Went to see Thomas the Train

Oh my gosh, I’ve been looking forward to this for weeks and weeks. Finally the day comes and we’re on our way. Then we hit traffic. And it’s really not letting up. After several miles and 30 minutes pass, we start to get concerned. Our tickets are for 3:00. If we miss the train, how on earth am I going to explain this to the boys? I’m freaking out inside and just start praying.

At 2:56, we pull into the parking lot, not an empty space in sight. Mr. OCD pulls up to the front and tells me to take the boys and run to the train. We do as we’re told, even though I’m in new shoes and have a bum toe. And… we make it!! You should have seen Mr. OCD’s face when we pulled back in. He was just so happy that the boys got to ride on Thomas the train, it didn’t even matter that he missed it and that he didn’t get to see them during the ride. It was enough for him to know that they experienced it. What a dad!

Now remind me of this next time he ticks me off, okay?

No comments: