So, yesterday was #36 for me. I'm officially closer to 40 than 30. But heck, with a husband that's over a decade older than me, I'll never feel old!
Anyway, it was really a great day. Mr. OCD had the day off, not planned, just the way his schedule worked out. After we got both kids off to school, we had a nice lunch. He surprised me with tickets (for me and two friends) to the Point of Grace concert next month. After the boys got home from, we had cake and I got another gift. Now don't laugh, or throw anything at Mr. OCD, cuz I actually asked for this. I got a crock pot. I know, I know... what a "mom" thing to ask for, huh? But really, the one I have now is so tiny that I don't use it much. I want a monster size one. He got me a 5.5 quart. I'm takin' it back for the 7 quarter!! Go big!!
Then I had a conference call (not exactly fun, but when you're billing by the hour, it feels better). While on the call I simultaneously made German potato dumplings for our book club's German themed dinner. And even though our book this month totally sucked (IMHO), it was a fun meeting. There were actually three cakes, brought because they knew it was my birthday. One of them even said "Happy Birthday Teri" in GERMAN! I'm so lucky. I've got some awesome friends! Thanks everyone for making it such a great day!
Friday, January 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'd like to know... what was the awful German book? :-)
Post a Comment