Sunday, October 4, 2009

Why won't they stop talking?!?!?!?!?!?

There's this constant sound, always coming from somewhere below or behind me. At first it's a pleasant sound, one that gives you a warm feeling. But after nine straight hours, it becomes so annoying you want to jump off the roof... head first. I cover my ears, but it seems to get more persistent. I try to hide in the bathroom, but it comes again, with added bass. I squeeze my eyes shut tight, but then I can practically feel the sound. It's pulling my leg, my shirt... it won't let me go.


Trees are good, right?
Right.
They make air for us to breathe, right?
Right.
Then why do we chop them down?
Well... we need trees to make things too... like furniture and paper.
But then we won't be able to breathe and we will die, right?
No, there are alot of trees and new ones get planted all the time, so there's plenty of air for us to breathe.
Is there such thing as real bad guys in this world?
Yes, but you don't need to worry about things like that.
Are they going to get me?
No, Daddy and Mommy will protect you. You're fine.
And the police will keep me safe too?
Yes.
But what if the bad guys get the police?
Bad guys are stupid. And police are smart, so the bad guys won't get the police. Don't worry about. Really... you're safe.
Is everyone allergic to poison ivy?
I think so, but some are more allergic than others.
And it makes you itchy?
Yes.
And that's why we can't go in the tall grass?
Yes.
Is Daddy gonna kill it?
I don't know. I hope so.
With poison?
Yes.
Will he get dead too?
NO! He will wear long pants and gloves and take a shower afterwards. He'll be safe.
Can I help?
No. You have to stay inside and drive me crazy.
But what if the poison gets on Daddy? What will happen?
Ugh. Seriously don't worry about it. Daddy probably won't even do it this year. I've only asked him a hundred times and it still hasn't been done so you really don't have anything to worry about because it'll never happen anyway.
Are you mad?
No. I'm tired.

2 comments:

Charity said...

Oh Teri, thank you this was honestly just what I needed after putting my "four year old who got up too early and did not take a nap and was manically tired and crazy ridiculous" to bed. Who still insists on laying out her clothes for tomorrow, along with matching headband AND undies even though she's so tired, she can't hear the sound of my voice or barely stand up straight... xoxo

Teri said...

I hear ya hon. Hope you got some rest!