Monday, October 12, 2009

Painting... again

So we've been here for two years and little by little, we've been working on painting various rooms. But now, we've got to give a little TLC to the exterior. Let me say right now, if you EVER hear me complaining about painting the inside again, you have my permission to bitch slap me.

Drywall and plaster have nothing on cedar siding. The wood is so dry that after the first coat it looks like I used a Crayola water color rather than the solid stain that I chose. We thought we'd be able to get it done before winter set in. We were wrong.

The new plan is to get the one side done (the side with the most sun exposure) and finish the rest late spring, early summer. Good thing you can't see that side from the road.

Oh, and did I mention the weather forecast called for SNOW today?!?!?!? It's OCTOBER!!!! Um... God... maybe you flipped your calendar a little early... maybe you're trying to force us to skip Halloween... maybe you forgot that these two weeks in October are the only reason worth living here... but seriously... can't you please just cut us a break???

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I feel your pain! We spent the past two weekends staining our fence and it wasn't fun. :-(