Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Growing up
I realized the other night while setting the table for dinner, that my boys now need regular dinner plates. No more kiddie size, character covered, plastic plates. Real dinner plates, just like the rest of us. Most of the time, they are driving me crazy and I find myself wishing the time would pass as fast as everyone tells me it will. But then there are other times that I'm struck by the realization that they are growing up and it nearly takes the wind out of me. I stood there holding the plates, coming into this realization when Mr. OCD noticed and asked what's wrong. All I could say was "they use real plates". I'm sure it made no sense to him, but he walked over and gave me a hug, which was all I needed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ah, you got me all choked up ;-)
Post a Comment