Why is it that boys have no fear of risk or danger? Why do they do things that will most likely result in serious injury and pain? Why do they consistantly fail to think things through to the point of even realizing that what they are doing is dangerous? It boggles my mind.
Today B & J where outside blowing bubbles. Harmless, yes. B came in at some point telling me all sorts of things they had seen (namely the various bugs). Then, as an aside he says, "What will happen if I eat a bubble?" I tell him nothing will happen if he just eats one bubble, it probably doesn't taste good, but nothing will happen (of course I follow up with not drinking bubbles, yadda yadda). His reply comes as a shout out to his brother on the other side of the house.... "J!!! Good news! We won't die cuz we tasted the bubbles!"
If it was even a question in his mind that he might actually DIE from tasting a bubble, WHY on earth would he try it? What kind of trouble am I in for when this kid starts driving??
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment