This happened last Friday...
Mr. OCD called on his way home from work to say that he wanted us all to go out and see the Kung Fu Panda movie. Great! I made a quick dinner for the boys and sat them down to eat. Now it was leftovers, but something they love... chicken enchiladas. J comes in the kitchen with an empty plate after a few minutes and says "Mom, I ate it really fast cuz I love chicken enchiladas!" And that's true so I say "great job!".
But B is just refusing to eat. And he's not your typical 3 year old with the "this is yucky" comments. Oh no! My sophisticated boy is saying things like "I'm not eating this! This is garbage!" Nice. I tell him he can sit there until he eats it or Daddy gets home.
So he sits.....
And sits....
And sits.
Then I get up for 72 seconds to pee and when I come back and find him feeding the dog is dinner!!!! That's it! I tell him he is NOT going to the movie. When Daddy gets home we decide that I will take J and he will stay home with B.
So J and I have a great time. I keep looking over at him, stuffing his face with popcorn, and watching him laugh at the funny parts. It was such a great "mom" time. Then we went home...
After baths and pj's, I was talking to B and telling him how much we missed having him at the movie and if he would have just ate his dinner, and not fed it to the dog he could have went with us and had fun, blah blah blah. Then I look over at J and he's totally got tears in his eyes. I'm shocked and ask what's wrong. Here's how it goes...
J: I have to tell you something.
T: Okay, what is it?
J: I'm sooooooooo sorry that I fed the dog my dinner.
OH.
MY.
GOD.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my gosh, I'm giggling and I shouldn't be! You have to give him points for confessing!
Oh my word (*hands over mouth in shock and disbelief*). What did you do?
well... I told him that I was glad that he told the truth and that Daddy and I would talk about it and let him know in the morning what his consequence would be. But because he told the truth, he would not get a spanking. So the next day he could not watch tv or use the computer. And I set it up a couple of times so that B could watch and he couldn't, just to make it suck more! haha
Post a Comment