And he's fine. He was upset about missing school but with all that was going on and it being so early in the morning, he didn't even think about missing breakfast. He was also very upset with me for bringing his Elmo to the hospital. See, that's only for babies and he secretly still sleeps with it, but apparently no one outside of our home is ever supposed to see it and know that it belongs to him. So, needless to say, I was in the doghouse with him for a while. Anyway, he was fine going in the OR, he actually kept saying that the hospital bed was his canoe (because of the bedrails) and as they wheeled him away he was all smiles and waving.
About 35 minutes later, it was a whole different scene. He was bawling and crying for me. As I held him he kept up with this horrific cough that they said was normal because he got alot of air. Anyway, there is no way to describe in words what it sounded like but it's the loudest possible cough any human could make, followed by a peircing scream at the end. Oh, and he did this every 42 seconds.
Then the vomit started. And I had prepared myself for some puke, it's not unheard of. I had not however, prepared myself to witness my child puking blood. I tell B to get the nurse (all the while trying not to panic and freak J out more). She comes rushing over saying "oh, this is good, this is good". WHAT???? Freakin' explain lady!! Apparently, they swallow a good bit of blood during the procedure and it's just sitting there in his belly. Combine that with the anesthetic and the crazy man cough and you have a receipe for blood vomit.
It's about this time that Jacob starts crying out to God. Seriously. As in...
Please God help me feel better!!!!!!
This is where I loose it. I'm a mess and I'm trying to hide it from J so that he doesn't get more upset. But my man is the epitomy of calm, cool, and collected. What does he do? He steps over to us, kneels down and starts to pray out loud for J. And J starts to quiet down so that he can hear him. Amazing. After about 10 minutes J said "I think He heard... I'm starting to feel better". God is so good.
Oh, and all of this happened right in front of the nurses station because that's where our bed was.
J is feeling okay as of now. His neck is very sore and stiff. He can't look up toward the ceiling and even some car movement hurts his neck. They said it's normal and by the end of the week should be much better. Anyway, I've been totally consumed. Please forgive me for not coming on and at lease giving you an update. Thanks for your prayers.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment